Airport Screening Officers screen passengers and their baggage, monitor the flow of passengers through checkpoints, validate documents such as passenger boarding passes, and perform other related duties.
They may also carry out the professional screening of all airport mail, cargo and catering items. Airport Screening Officers are part of an international and multilingual environment, servicing numerous airlines and many other airport-related companies.
They perform patrols, inspect safety equipment, enforce regulations, control access, check for unsafe conditions, respond to incidents, and prepare logs and reports as required.
General requirements to apply for the airport screening officer position are:
- You must be vigilant, helpful, and work with complete integrity
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You have a high-school diploma
- You possess the ability to effectively speak, read and write English and/ or French
- Fluency in additional languages is considered an asset