A growing global industry
The global security services market employs several million people and has annual sales of approximately USD 90 billion. In the long term, the industry is expected to grow about 7 percent annually.
Security services are in demand all over the world, in all industries and in both the public and private sectors. Demand for our services is closely linked to global economic development and social and demographic trends. As the global economy grows and develops, so do we.
Besides general economic growth, the main driving forces for growth in the security services industry are:
- Increased privatization: The outsourcing of public security services needs to private actors is increasing.
- Continued industrialization: Increased global industrial activity leads to investments in for example factories and offices that all have specific security needs.
- Increased urbanization: Higher population density and greater social differences creates a need for additional security services.
- Growing middle class: People have more to protect and can also afford to do so.
- Investment in infrastructure: There is a greater need to safeguard infrastructure assets.