Securitas is one of the leading security services providers worldwide with a strong global position in integrated security solutions in North America, Europe, Latin America and growth markets in the Middle East, Asia and Africa. Securitas operates in 52 countries.
Our market-leading position in many countries is the result of strong organic sales growth and many acquisitions over the years. We have developed strong know-how in order to meet our customers’ most complex security demands.
North America, 5-7 % market growth
- Growth: The security services market in North American has historically grown faster than GDP, a trend that is forecasted to continue. USA and Canada are mature and industrialized markets, while Mexico is rather an emerging market with high growth in demand for security coupled with great future potential.
- Driving forces: Heightened security consciousness, improved economic conditions and increased demand for value-added services.
• Position and presence: Securitas is the market leader in the USA and one of the leading security services providers in Canada and Mexico.
Latin America, 8-10 % market growth
- Growth: The Latin American security services market is expected to continue growing well above the world average over the coming years.
- Driving forces: Economic liberalization, increased foreign investment and usage of security services, that is low in comparison to other markets, will continue spurring growth.
- Position and presence: Securitas is present in seven Latin American countries; Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Peru and and Uruguay. In Argentina, Chile and Uruguay, we are market leaders.
Europe, 3-5 % market growth
- Growth: While Western Europe's security services market is rather mature, Eastern Europe has many rapidly growing markets. However, in Western Europe there are still many opportunities to grow by offering customized security services with a high level of expertise and technological content.
- Driving forces: In Western Europe, growth will be spurred by an increasing share of value-added services, for example increased technology content, mobile services and alarm monitoring services. Growth in Eastern Europe is mainly coming from higher underlying GDP growth, privatization of the security services industry and higher criminal rates.
- Position and presence: Securitas is present in 27 European countries. In the majority we are either the largest or the second largest actor in the market. We provide a wide range of services covering specialized guarding, mobile services, monitoring centers, technical solutions and airport security.
Asia and Africa/Middle East, 8-13 % market growth
- Growth: Growth rates vary across the regions from more mature markets, such as Hong Kong and Singapore, to fast-growing developing markets, such as India, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Driving forces: The main factor driving growth in the Asian market is the strong expected underlying GDP growth compared to most other regions. Increased urbanization and a growing middle class also spur demand. At the same time, there is a development towards privatization, where security services are outsourced from the public sector to private companies, who offer efficient security solutions to many different sectors.
- Position and presence: Security today has presence in 13 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa. We mainly provide guarding services in the region, but our services in the Middle East contain a higher degree of technology.