Securitas acquires a security services company in Poland
Securitas has signed an agreement to acquire 70 percent of the shares in the Polish security services company Purzeczko. The purchase of the remaining 30 percent of the shares is agreed to take place in 2011 and will be based on the financial performance of the company during the years 2009-2010. Enterprise value is estimated to MSEK 51 (MPLN 18).
Purzeczko is the strongest local security services player in the eastern region of Poland, with annual sales of MSEK 110 (MPLN 39) and 1,690 employees. The company operates mainly in guarding but has also mobile patrols, alarm monitoring and fire fighting operations.
Securitas in Poland will after this acquisition have total sales of MSEK 507 (MPLN 180) with about 4,900 employees and a market share of approximately 4 percent.
The polish economy is developing strongly, with annual GDP growth of 5.3 percent. The Polish commercial security market is highly fragmented. The whole security market value is estimated to MSEK 13,500 (MPLN 4,800) with approximately 165,000 security employees.
The acquisition is consolidated in Securitas as of September 15, 2008.
This press release is also available at: www.securitas.com
Gisela Lindstrand, Senior Vice President Corporate Communications and Public Affairs,
Securitas AB, mobile +46 70 287 8662
Securitas is a knowledge leader in security. By focusing on providing security solutions to fit each customer's needs, Securitas has achieved sustainable growth and profitability in more than 30 countries in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Everywhere from small stores to airports, our 250,000 employees are making a difference.
Securitas AB discloses the information provided herein pursuant to the Securities Markets Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication at15.00 (CET) on September 16, 2008
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com
The following files are available for download: