- The Site Security Manager is responsible for managing the physical security operations at a Microsoft Datacenter, and constantly evaluates the security operations and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Ensures the delivery of high-quality customer service for Microsoft account; evaluates service quality and initiates any necessary corrective action in a timely manner.
- Develops, facilitates and delivers Quarterly Business Reviews for Datacenter Site.
- Oversees, and participates in the recruitment, selection, orientation, training, development and retention of high caliber staff to ensure all positions are properly staffed; acts to ensure that each staff member is treated with dignity and respect; plans, assigns, and directs work; coaches employees and carries out disciplinary actions in accordance with current policy.
- Offers regular performance feedback to employees to ensure the best opportunity for success. Administers formal performance review process annually and creates internal succession planning to ensure business continuity during unexpected changes.
- Implements key performance indicators (KPI), tracking tools, scorecards and reporting methods in cooperation with the Senior Security Manager to enhance security team effectiveness and performance.
- Meets regularly with Microsoft and Securitas management representatives for account reviews; addresses any actual or potential problems; supports security planning, assessments and surveys; coordinates review and update of post orders.
- Provides input to company initiatives; promptly assists in the resolution of legal, financial, human resources, and administrative issues.
- Consistently maintains the documentation and follows standardized procedures to successfully complete unannounced audits. Reviews all event reports and ensures timely notification to appropriate levels.
- Performs additional functions, duties and specific tasks of a similar nature and scope as necessary in order to achieve assigned business objectives.
Minimum Qualifications at Entry
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
Bachelor's Degree and 4 or more years of management experience in the security industry preferred, and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Additional relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing)
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet requirements for specific skills, certifications or background authorizations required for the assigned accounts.
- Knowledge of security operations and procedures.
- Knowledge of operations for a 24x7 monitoring center
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures to include interview and hiring standards.
- Experience in staff supervision, including administering training, discipline and performance appraisal process.
- Ability to provide positive direction and motivate performance.
- Understanding of a variety of security and safety devices and controls.
- Ability to create and maintain work schedule assignments to effectively manage labor costs.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
- Knowledge of business operations management and human resources administration.
- Use of personal computer is required and a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and SharePoint are mandatory.
- Ability to synthesize business/financial data and develop recommendations.
- Planning, organizing and leadership skills.
- Possess exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Strong customer service and service delivery orientation.
- Ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to be an effective leader and member of project teams.
- Ability to take initiative and achieve results within constraints of standard operating procedures.
- Ability to carry out multiple assignments concurrently.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
- Ability to synthesize and arrive at logical conclusions with input derived from multiple sources.
- Ability to determine courses of action based upon detailed written instructions.
- Possess ability and demonstrates comfort level in working with state-of-the-art communication technologies such as Radio Over Internet Protocol (ROIP) Instant Messenger (IM), and Text Messaging.
Working Conditions and Physical/Mental Demands
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- May require regular use of vehicle.
- Available for occasional travel with limited notice
- Available to respond to client and business needs pursuant to managing a 24/7 operation.
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Conducting oral presentations and group meetings.
- Directing, motivating, training, coaching, and disciplining staff in a positive manner.
- Reading and analyzing reports and financial data, including related computer usage.
- Responding on an on-call basis to emergencies and incidents at all hours.