Securitas has acquired 85 percent of the shares in the security services company Protect in Croatia. There is an agreement to acquire the remaining 15 percent of the shares in 2013. Enterprise value of the acquired 85 percent of the shares is estimated to MSEK 53 (MHRK 43).
Protect has annual sales of approximately MSEK 73 (MHRK 60) and approximately 600 employees. The company is mainly operating in guarding services.
Securitas entered the Croatian security services market in July 2011 and is the first and only major international security company in the market. With this acquisition, Securitas strengthens its position in the area of the cityRijeka.
The Croatian security services market is fragmented, with about 250 companies and approximately 15,000 guards, however the top 10 companies account for 60 percent of the market sales.
The acquisition is consolidated in Securitas as of January 4, 2012.
This press release is also available at: www.securitas.com
Micaela Sjökvist, Head of Investor Relations, Securitas AB, phone +46 10 470 3013, mobile +46 76 116 7443 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Securitas is a knowledge leader in security, focusing on providing security solutions to fit each customer's needs in 50 countries in North America, Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Asia andAfrica. Everywhere from small stores to airports, our 300,000 employees are making a difference.SecuritasABdiscloses the information provided herein pursuant to the Securities Markets Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication at 10.00 (CET) on January 5, 2012.|
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com
The following files are available for download: