Come along as we travel to the future and imagine what the world looks like. Martin Althén, member of Securitas Group Management and president of Securitas Digital, walks us through the possibilities, covering the Internet of Things (IoT), human-machine integration, nanotechnology, quantum computing, and all things sounding straight out of a sci-fi movie plot!
Tune in to learn more about the security of tomorrow.
With our offline and online worlds becoming increasingly interconnected, the lines between physical security and cybersecurity start to fade, pushing us to understand the possibilities of the future.
5 key takeaways
- Hyperconnectivity refers to the state of being constantly connected to various communication and information technologies.
- There is a lot of potential in security with the Internet of Things (IoT). For example, we can have a smart building where cameras, alarms, and security officers are all connected, integrated, and communicating.
- Physical security and cybersecurity can be addressed together through the connectivity between people and tools. Protection can occur both online and offline simultaneously.
- Developments within nanotechnology and quantum computing may very soon take human-machine integration to a whole new level.
- Innovation means understanding the new technology that is available and applying it in the best way at your company.
Advancements in technology are helping us tackle not only the challenges we face today, but the threats of tomorrow as well.