In this enlightening episode, Securitas CIO Hillevi Agranius shares her interesting journey into the world of tech and discusses the challenges and triumphs of being a woman in a male-dominated industry. We dive into leadership, driving change, and mentorship – and learn how mentors and sponsors have played a significant role in Hillevi’s own career.
Women leaders shape organizations, communities, and the world at large. As such, it’s important to look at leadership through the lens of gender and understand how women navigate and reshape power structures.
5 key takeaways
- Men and women lead in different ways. We need more women in the field of technology, specifically in leadership positions.
- The concept of leadership has historically been defined by “masculine” traits based on gender stereotypes.
- There are more men than women in leadership roles, which contributes to the perception of what a leader is supposed to look like. Hillevi shares that this makes it hard for women to find their authenticity as a leader.
- Men can support and empower women in leadership roles by advocating for them, recognizing differences, and fostering diversity of thought.
- Mentorship is essential to tackle gender equality in leadership roles.